See all jobs in Charlton MA
Job Location: Charlton, MA
Job ID: 2020-1605
# of Openings: 1
Category: Health Center
Department: Home Health Aids (HHA)
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
This is a 32 hour position, from 3PM-11PM
The Private Duty Caregiver is responsible for providing companionship and/or personal care to our clients. This position is also responsible for working closely with the private duty team to ensure clients receive top notch services, and plays a critical role in enhancing our client's independence and quality of life.
Responsibilities could include:
- Assist clients with:
- all activities of daily living including: bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding, and shaving
- ambulation and safety supervision (including ability to use assist devices)
- simple exercise plans
- Provide meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Run errands on behalf of client: grocery shopping, picking up medication, etc.
- Accompany client to an appointment or activity outside the home
- Log daily activities; record daily client care/condition/progress
- Provide medication reminders
- Companionship and supervision
More about Fieldstone Memory Care Unit & Vista Adult Day Program:
Memory Care at The Overlook & Intro. to Fieldstone
Vista Adult Day Program
- High school diploma or HiSET required
- At least 1 year experience with caregiving or, Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nurse's Assistant (CNA) certificate
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Great team player with strong communication skills
- Ability to show patience and kindness at all times
- Basic computer skills including the use email and the internet
Why choose the Overlook
- Our CNA to patient ratio is one of the best in Massachusetts.
- We offer an excellent benefits package for full and part time positions including; medical, dental, vision and life insurance (effective on day one), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, and paid time off.
- Daycare and Fitness center on site available to all employees.
- Referral bonuses.
- Employee appreciation events.
Located on a beautiful 450 acre campus in Charlton, Massachusetts, The Overlook Retirement Community and Health Center offers 221 independent living residences and a complete continuum of care including post-acute, assisted living, memory care, CARE management services, and skilled nursing for long and short-term care needs. The Overlook sponsored by the Masonic Health System of Massachusetts has a proud tradition of service since 1911.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.