CATHOLIC HOSPICE INC.
HOLY CROSS INPATIENT UNIT IN FT. LAUDERDALE
PATIENT CARE SECRETARY POSITION - BILINGUAL ENG/SPA PREFERRED
FULL TIME FROM 7AM TO 7:30PM INCLUDING E/OTHER SATUDAY
Summary & Objective
The Secretary, Patient Care provides clerical support to patient care teams.
- Evaluate and insure accuracy in the preparation of documentation.
- Maintain files and other information in an organized manner to insure follow-up and timely completion of assignments given by the Manager, Clinical Care.
- Produce and provide Team Manager with various reports each morning in preparation for the manager's staffing meeting
- Obtains physician signatures on orders from physicians outside of Catholic Hospice.
- Establishes, maintains and closes patient charts in an orderly fashion. This may include but is not limited to the mailing of and follow-up on all required documentation, such as verbal orders Medical record requests, Plans of Care.
- Prints Cell -Trak reports daily to facilitate the Team Manger's ability to approve time sheets.
- Orders equipment and/or ambulances for patients as directed by Team Manager.
- Pages team with relevant information about patients such as new admissions, discharges, etc.
- Maintains admission and certification tracking log.
- Checks census daily for accuracy.
- Enters physician itineraries and notes into the Suncoast system weekly.
- Prepare daily IDT Schedule incorporating revisions or changes as directed by the Patient Care Manager.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ensure effective communication with other Interdisciplinary Teams.
- Respect and maximize team effort through interactions with both clinical sand support staff.
- Jointly with other patient care secretaries, orders supply, and documentation forms used by the team.
- Establish and maintain patient records.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full-Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in service areas, as required by duties