See all jobs in Fond du Lac WI
Job Location: Fond du Lac, WI
- Home Office with telecommuting opportunities
- 40 hours/week with flexible scheduling opportunities
Protecting our policyholder’s dreams, passions and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society!
About the Role
- Performs application development, specifically emerging and embedded business software solutions.
- Performs Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities: writing code, performing usability testing, debugging code issues, promoting code, and providing implementation support.
- Researches, designs, and creates porotypes for user interfaces and software navigation techniques.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and Quality Analysts to resolve any testing issues.
- Regularly attends and participates in scrum/agile ceremonies.
- You enjoy working both independently and on a team
- You’re dedicated to meeting customer needs
- You enjoy analyzing and solving difficult problems
- You’re an attentive and active listener
- You enjoy setting goals and achieving them
What it Will Take
- Associate’s degree in computer science
- 2 years of application development experience
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented design and programming languages
- Working knowledge in designing and developing a multiple tier environment
- Traditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401K, Defined Contribution, PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-Paid Holidays, Flexible Scheduling, PTO, Telecommuting Options
- Education: Career Coaching, Company-Paid Courses, Student Loan & Tuition Reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match, Paid Volunteer Time, Team Sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program, Health Club Membership, Wellness Reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.