CATHOLIC HOSPICE INC.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSES (LPN) POSTIONS OPEN
WORKING WITH THE CONTINUOUS CARE DEPARTMENT
12 HOURS SHIFTS DAYS AND NIGHTS
COVERING MIAMI DADE AND BROWARD
5 FULL TIMES
2 PART TIMES
6 PER DIEMS
Summary & Objective
The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for providing skilled nursing services within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act, (NPA) as outlined in the Interdisciplinary Team plan of care in accordance with the physician's orders and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and Clinical Care Manager.
- Provides skilled nursing care to patients in Hospice program as directed by the registered nurse, IDT plan of care, and physician's orders in accordance with agency policies.
- Promotes and maintains patient quality of life under the guidance of the registered nurse who is assigned to the same case.
- Assists patients in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by assisting in planning and exchanging information with other health professionals.
- Prepares clinical visit notes and follows client care plans as developed by the registered nurse and according to agency policy.
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures for which competency has been established.
- Makes visits as necessary according to assessed needs, within established time frames.
- During patient visits, provides necessary education to patient/caregiver/family to enable them to provide appropriate care for the patient.
- Participate in the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care under the direction of the supervising RN, Clinical Care Manager to include continuous care if needed.
- Reports results of visits to Clinical Care Manager or Triage Manager.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice levels of care, Medicare and Medicaid Hospice Benefits by providing appropriate documentation when the need arises.
- Provide orientation on a regular basis to new employees.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time with competing demands and tight time lines.
- Attend home deaths as required and communicating with physician, funeral home, and clinical team.
- Provide accurate and appropriate documentation and submit daily.
- Participate in the team responsibility of providing patient care twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Maintaining the ability to extend hospitality and patience while assisting patients, families, physicians and peers under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to lift and move patients according to accepted nursing standards of body mechanics.
- Ability to travel to any location throughout South Florida as needed and expand territory as business needs dictate.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full-Time schedule that includes weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Associate's in Nursing preferred or Diploma.
- Clear and Active Licensed Practical Nurse license to practice in the state of Florida.
- Current IV Certification required.
- 1-2 years of healthcare or clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.