Insurance Verification Specialist
BayMark Health Services is looking for a detail oriented Insurance Verification Specialist to be responsible for the day to day verifications to ensure that patients’ health care benefits cover required procedures. This position contacts a patient’s insurance company to verify coverage levels and works with individuals to educate them on their benefits information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in insurance verification processes.
- Provide oversight and leadership over Insurance Verification Specialists.
- Prepare and submit monthly reporting.
- Answer a variety of correspondence from patients and their representatives, insurance companies, attorneys and administrators of estates regarding billing, insurance and payments.
- Interview or telephone concerned parties regarding delinquent accounts or unusual collection problems.
- Maintain liaison with clinic supervisory personnel to coordinate collection efforts and resolve problems.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analyses for month end close.
- Participate in performance improvement activities that ensure important processes and activities are measured, assessed and improved systematically.
- Maintain all security passwords given to him/her.
- Maintain storage of all electronic data essential for functioning on the server.
- Keep staff and patient information within the HITECH HIPAA privacy laws.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Comply with policies, procedures, compliance guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Comply with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Comply with BayMark policies and procedures, Compliance Policy and Code of Ethics.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical manner adhering to medical necessity compliance and financial compliance.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Interact with all levels of the organization in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Company’s mission.
- Perform and complete special projects as assigned for all BayMark regions and billing modalities.
- Travel by plane or by car as required.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of one years experience in healthcare insurance verification is preferable.
- Behavioral health or substance abuse experience a plus.
- Must be able to analyze, record, and summarize fiscal transactions and prepare spreadsheets/financial statements.
- Requires the performance of calculations involving basic arithmetic skills, good degree of verbal and written communications and the ability to give/follow oral and written instructions.
- Candidates must have experience in medical terminology as it relates to our business, OTP coding and know thoroughly the authorization process.
- Working knowledge of different MCO authorization requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry experience.
- Ability to fill in for other employees as needed.
- Compliance with all HIPAA policies
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volume of detail work accurately and efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
Here is what you can expect from us:
BayMark Health Services specializes in the treatment of opioid addiction. BayMark Health Services provides medication-assisted treatment services in a variety of modalities and settings through our divisions: BAART Community HealthCare, Health Care Resource Centers and MedMark Services, Inc. BayMark Health Services, also provides traditional primary health care services, as well as integrated primary care, in select locations.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.