Second Avenue is recruiting a Portfolio Manager for its Property Management division in Jacksonville or St Augustine, FL.
Single Family Property Management Preferred - Property Management Experience a MUST.
Second Avenue is an alternative, investor driven, privately owned real estate firm focused on solving solutions for home owners/investors. Second Avenue is establishing a single-family property management platform to provide best of breed management services to moderate to institutional grade owners and investors.
The management platform is designed to provide both property management and asset management services on a pro-active basis throughout the life-cycle of assets under management. This position will play an essential role in the establishment and execution of all aspects of the property management platform in the Jacksonville, FL region.
We are looking for an experienced property management professional with single family management experience and a proven track record regarding essential duties with respect to optimizing performance of the assigned rental portfolio and new acquisitions, renovations, leasing, collections, resident service, expense control, maximizing revenue, information reporting and compliance with applicable statutes and company policies.
Our processes are streamlined and intended to provide a wide range of full-service support to an integrated management platform that utilizes a high level of depth of experience and technology to deliver the highest level of service and performance to investors, team members and residents.
We offer a positive culture and professional work environment. Please see our website for additional background on our business platform - www.secondavenue.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage resident issues such as resident notifications, HOAs, owners and related functions.
- Communicate with supervisor and/or property owners regarding the overall function of the rental properties.
- Process resident applications, Execute new and renewal leases.
- Coordinate move-outs; NTV, process closing statements.
- Perform rental property inspections, ensure positive visual appeal of property conditions.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness – correct deficiencies.
- Deliver positive customer service experience during all interaction with clients, associates, peers, support groups, suppliers and residents.
- Effectively communicate company goals, initiatives, and programs, to ensure compliance with same.
- Comply with all company standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Prepare, execute, and monitor operating budget, ensures expense control, and maintains effective rental collections – daily rent postings and accounts receivable management.
- Maintain budgeted occupancy levels, budgeted rental rates, and other rental property goals.
- Provide underwriting of proforma rent levels for new acquisitions.
- Assist in oversight of maintenance/turnkey operations.
- Assist in coordinating acquisition and renovation activities.
- Knowledge of State Landlord Tenant Laws/Statutes. Knowledge of legal notices and processes. Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and property operating/accounting software. Propertyware experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions. Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Active real estate license.
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times, except during approved time off.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed.
- Periodic travel within assigned portfolio or to organizational meetings required.
- Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent climbing, standing, use of fingers, handling, feeling, talking, and hearing.
- Moderate stooping and lifting.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics and Background:
- Minimum high school graduate required. Associates Degree or higher degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in residential property management with 2 years+ managerial experience.
- Able to exhibit a proven track record with respect to goal achievement, adherence to planned timeframes and urgency of execution of all related tasks and initiatives.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of highly experienced peers and principals.
- Experience and knowledge with respect to accounting and management software platforms. Propertyware and related platforms a desirable plus.
- Successful track record with respect to prioritizing multiple initiatives – including rapid execution and sends of urgency regarding completion of key tasks within set timeframes.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and team orientation.