Second Avenue is recruiting a Portfolio Accountant for its Accounting Department in Tampa, FL reporting to the Controller.
Second Avenue is a national real estate brokerage, property management and investment company revolutionizing the industry with the first professionally managed end-to-end single-family investment platform. We set ourselves apart by combining state of the art proprietary technology, best in class resident services and the personal touch of local experts. Whether our clients are buying, selling, or renting single family homes, Second Avenue is the best solution.
As one of our initial hires, you will have an opportunity to work across our business disciplines and interact daily with our Executive Management team. Desired qualities include teamwork, flexibility, being able to meet the demands of a deal-oriented work environment, and most importantly, following fully executing all assignments with a “wrestle it to the ground” attitude and focus. We offer a casual, yet professional work environment. Please see our website at www.secondavenue.com for additional background on our business platform.
We offer a positive culture and professional work environment.
Essential job functions:
· Prepare daily and monthly journal entries
· Complete and maintain balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepare month end financial packages for clients and internal management
· Reviews Balance sheet and Income statements to ensure accuracy
· Review and process new vendor requests
· Review and process accounts payable invoices
· Review posting for electronic payments
· Review and record closing proceeds from property sales.
· Review and record payments for property purchases
· Review and record payments for commissions earned and paid
· Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
· Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation is required.
· Previous single family or multi-family property management accounting experience is preferred.
· Propertyware and NetSuite experience is preferred
· Intermediate Excel expertise is required
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Analytical and problem-solving abilities including the ability to identify and implement best practices that improve the accounting team’s effectiveness and efficiency
· Commitment to continuous improvement
· Commitment to providing best-in-class customer service
· Ability to work under minimal supervision