We are seeking a Vocational Case Manager (VCM) to cover the Las Vegas, NV, area. This individual assists individuals with the job / career related effects of physical, psychological, or cognitive impairments / disabilities which may have resulted from accidents, illnesses, or injuries. The VCM follows a vocational rehabilitation process to assist these individuals to overcome barriers to accessing, maintaining, or returning successfully within their local labor markets and workforce.
WHY PARADIGM COMPLEX CARE SOLUTIONS?
- Enjoy a robust support system - spend more time with injured workers and less time on administrative tasks.
- Utilize custom software for a seamless and straightforward case management process.
- Enjoy an award-winning culture with the stability and opportunity of a national company. Paradigm Complex Care Solutions routinely wins Top Workplace and Best and Brightest Companies awards.
- Autonomy to manage your own schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedule appointments and meet with client (injured worker), family, insurance adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney, vendors, and potential future employers as needed and determined.
• Assist and coordinate with return to work planning which may include completing job descriptions or job analysis, assessing job modifications, and identifying suitable gainful employment opportunities.
• Coordinate with treatment providers to identify physical capabilities and return to work readiness.
• May monitor return to work progress to ensure successful return to work outcome.
• Complete Vocational Assessments by gathering and analyzing medical, social, economic, education, employment history, work capabilities, transferable skills, and labor market information.
• Develops knowledge of current job market to identify alternative placements.
• Complete vocational testing, score testing and interpret results.
• Develop Rehabilitation Plan/Case Management Plan specific to client for success in overcoming barriers and re-entry to the workforce.
• Complete Labor market surveys.
• Provide job-seeking skill training and coaching including resume development and interview training.
• Provide job development and job placement services.
• May provide loss of earning | wage loss opinions.
• May provide expert testimony.
• May identify and place client in transitional work opportunities.
• Provide ongoing support and counseling to the client.
• Maintains required timely communication and updates to all required parties involved with the client providing progress, status, barriers, and action plans.
• Complete forms according to jurisdictional and/or industry requirements and follows.
• Required to prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe, per account guidelines documenting activities, efforts, and progress.
• Document all case activity in files.
• Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by certifying bodies.
• Attend staff meetings and or team calls.
• Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.) required in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with course work in rehabilitation philosophy, rehabilitation history, rehabilitation ethics, medical aspects of disability, psychological aspects of disability, job placement, occupational information, counseling theory, personal and vocation adjustment, work evaluation (minimum of 24 credit hours).
• Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or advanced preferred or as required by state law.
• Must meet state jurisdictional eligibility requirements for performing the duties of a vocational case manager
• LRC, CRC, CCM, CDMS, CVE certification eligibility required. Actual certification preferred, or as required by state law.
• Knowledge of Managed Care or Workers' Compensation preferred
• Knowledgeable of state and local regulations
• Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of physical and mental injury or illness, and for career counseling and guidance
• Ability to interface professionally with claims staff, clients, employers, attorneys, physicians and their representatives, and advisors and coworkers.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Problem solving skills
• Completion of transferable skills analysis and application to current labor market
• Vocational testing instruments, process and analysis
• Labor Market resources
• Occupational Information resources (i.e. O*Net, GOE, etc.)
• Ability to meet designated deadlines
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel, and Word.
• Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.