See all jobs in Charlton MA
Job Location: Charlton, MA
Job ID: 2020-1604
# of Openings: 1
Category: IL Culinary
Department: Dining Services
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Thie is a FULL-TIME position!
The Overlook's Culinary Services Vision is to be an innovative and inspiring leader in hospitality bringing wellness to our community through culinary and service excellence.
Join the Overlook Culinary Services Team in Charlton!
About the Job:
- No Late Nights! (Often finished by 7:30pm)
- Wash and sanitize tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment
- Responsible for cleaning projects that are assigned on a daily basis
- Record and maintain temp logs and sanitization records
- Puts away food product and properly rotates stock of all perishable and non-perishable items
- Attends in-service education meetings and workshops
- Complete daily checklist for opening and closing responsibilites
- Assist in food preparation as necessary
This position involves frequent exposure to extreme heat and cold, wet and humid environments, sharp tools, machinery, chemicals, grease laden vapors and fumes, and high noise levels. Requires the proper use of chemicals to perform job duties effectively. One must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift, push, pull, and carry objects over 50 pounds with assistance. The position requires constant/repetitive motions involving the range of full body use including fingers, arms, knees, hands and wrists. Position requires; bending, squatting and stooping, reaching outward and above head, constant walking and standing, and ascending/descending stairs. Manual dexterity including grasping and manipulating tools/equipment, and adjusting controls. Close visual concentration including the ability to perceive color, contrast, and depth is also required as well as the ability to work with any and all ingredients used.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- At least one year in high volume, quality food service operation is preferred.
- We offer an excellent benefits package for full and part time positions including; medical, dental, vision and life insurance (effective on day one), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, and paid time off.
- We provide Uniforms.
Located on a beautiful 450 acre campus in Charlton, Massachusetts, The Overlook Retirement Community and Health Center offers 221 independent living residences and a complete continuum of care including post-acute, assisted living, memory care, CARE management services, and skilled nursing for long and short-term care needs. Additionally The Overlook Visiting Nurse Association provides home health services covering over 180 towns across Massachusetts. The Overlook sponsored by the Masonic Health System of Massachusetts has a proud tradition of service since 1911.
We offer an excellent benefits package for full and part time positions including; medical, dental, vision and life insurance (effective on day one), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, and paid time off.
If you share our commitment to the highest quality of resident-centered care please visit our careers site to view available positions.