See all jobs in Clearwater FL
Job Location: Clearwater, FL
# of Openings 2
Category Information Technology
(ISC)² ® is an international, nonprofit membership association for information security leaders. We're committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class certification programs, education & training, and professional development opportunities that inspire a safe and secure cyber world. With more than 150,000 certified members, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
The Software Quality Analyst will have hands-on experience testing web-based, cloud based and client/server applications as well as backend/database testing experience (via SQL queries). The candidate should have foundational knowledge in manual testing process and execution experience that can be leveraged to design effective automated testing solutions.
- Designs and executes manual tests (smoke, integration and regression) to ensure that the proposed software solutions conform to business requirements and software applications as required.
- Proactively review and update test plans to ensure inclusion of any new or modified functionality.
- Analyze use cases and user stories to design effective test plans, test cases and associated test data.
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to identify and report software problems, troubleshoot root cause and propose solutions.
- Provide production support for issues identified by the user community. This will include attempts to reproduce reported issues in test environments and log any verified issues in the defect-tracking system.
- Interfaces with team's technical resources and internal domain experts.
- Reviews feature related documentation to ensure accurate product functionality for testing purpose.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience Software Quality Assurance methodologies, tools and processes
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience with manual testing with or without guidance from Senior Test Engineer and/or Manager
- At least 1 year of knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Preferred experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity and working knowledge of: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM); Behavior Driven Development (BDD) applied within Agile environment; using a multi-tool approach to facilitate end-to-end system testing
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Sitecore highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility
- Ability to create/troubleshoot/debug test scripts as needed
- Excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to handle multiple tasks with strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team to accomplish tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, including timely responsiveness and follow-up with stakeholders
- Demonstrates an attention to detail and thoroughness in deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with the following types of testing: Functional, Regression, Defect Regression, Integration, Ad-Hoc/Exploratory, Black/White/Grey Box
- Ability to work closely with key stakeholders to identify/report problems, troubleshoot root cause and propose solutions
- Experience with industry-standard test management and defect-tracking tools
- Experience analyzing use cases and user stories to design effective test plans, test cases and associated test data
Physical & Mental:
- Up to 5% travel may be required
- Work normal business hours and extended hours when necessary
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting, for prolonged periods
- Regular use of office equipment such as a computer/laptop and monitor computer screens
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.