All it takes is a little help from you to make a big difference. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way of Miami-Dade is searching for an Associate Director for our Development team. This position will develop and build relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way of Miami-Dade County. Develop and maintain various fundraising initiatives to include corporate, employee and individual fundraising.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge in sales, public speaking and understanding people. Ability to adapt to changing situations and analyze industry trends.
• Execution of the campaign process that consists of but is not limited to campaign strategizing, volunteer recruitment, training, and management; individual and group solicitation; individual and account cultivation, management and customer service; active promotion of corporate giving, individual giving, Leadership giving, planned giving, volunteerism, sponsorship solicitation and labor participation.
• Development and execution of workplace program initiatives that consist of but are not limited to workplace social service delivery, information and referral and volunteer development.
• Prepare team reports that include but are not limited to: team summaries, all facets of goal setting, account planning and expectancy tracking.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of Young Leaders including staffing volunteers, fundraising and events management.
• Manage loaned executives assigned to campaign team.
• Accepts matrix assignments in support of strategic objectives, as lead staff on Young Leaders.
• Responsible for the supervision of subordinate employees which includes training, developing, measuring performance, disciplining and directing tasks. Has authority to hire, transfer, promote, compensate, or terminate subordinate employees or recommend such actions.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Requirements: Two to three years’ experience in sales presentation skills, account management, fundraising and volunteer management.
Salary range: $58,000 to 65,000
UWMD is an equal opportunity employer, to view our EEO statement and summary of benefits, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).