The key role of an employee who works as an Accounts Receivable Clerk with Sutton Transport, Inc. is to receive and process payments for the services our company provides. Outstanding customer service is a core value of the company and should be maintained throughout the ideal candidate’s career.
Responsibilities for this position include the following.
- Processing payments through ACH, Syncada, lockbox, checks and credit cards
- Maintaining accounts receivable accounts and records
- Investigating and resolving any irregularities or inquiries
- Assisting with general financial management and analysis
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Supplying excellent customer service internally and externally
- Developing and strengthening relationships with customers
- Other work-related duties as assigned my members of management
Qualifications for this position are as follows.
- Self-starter that works independently
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- 2 years of prior experience in a similar role or completion of a college degree in an accounting or financial field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel
Priority will be given to candidates with the following credentials.
- 3-5 years’ experience or completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- McLeod software experience
- QuickBooks experience