Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran statusDescription:
Performs a variety of accounting and customer service activities including Accounts Payable, wires and reconciliations in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures.
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to internal and external customers:
- Compile and process accounts payable invoices as necessary to meet deadlines
- Create checks and ACH payments and mail signed checks to vendors
- Maintain up to date vendor files
- Perform a variety of daily processing activities, e.g. gathering interoffice mail for department, scanning documents and indexing archives.
- Process monthly Sales & Use Tax
- Process annual 1099's
- Maintain yearly Accounts Payable Board reports
- Process and post the daily general ledger work package
- Create or post daily entries and serve as a backup for posting month end entries, as needed
- Serve as the primary resource for verifying daily wire transfers and serves as a backup for processing wire transfer requests
- Perform reconciliations on general ledger and bank checking accounts. Reconciliation frequency varies by account: daily, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Gather support documentation for auditors and examiners as needed.
- Respond to and resolve (internal & external) accounts payable inquiries and/or issues.
- Maintain up-to date procedures for accounts payable processes and other assigned responsibilities
- Perform a variety of administrative support duties as required
- Keep abreast of regulatory and competitive developments within the area of accounting by attending relevant seminars and conferences
- Serve as backup to accounting staff
- Perform all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines
- Perform related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with one to three years banking experience
- Experience with Fiserv Prologue General Ledger or FIS core processing system a plus but not required
- Clear understanding of accounting principles with strong organizational, customer service delivery, and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to productively interact with all departments, managers and staff within the bank.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in task completion. Proficient computing skills including Microsoft Office applications.
Avidia Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled