This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a fabrication team in a safe and efficient manner to achieve quality standards, productivity goals, and cost objectives, while limiting back-orders and shortages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads by example with respect to our Vision, Common Purpose, and Quality Standards: Safety, Integrity, Efficiency, and Creativity
- Schedules and directs team members within the production line ensuring clear understanding of task expectations in safety, quality, and productivity
- Provides team member feedback in the form of recognition for positive performance, coaching and counseling for performance opportunities, and development opportunities for team member growth
- Cross-train and rotate team members consistent with internal performance compensation structure
- Provides leadership in sustaining defined processes and resolving issues
- Maintains time and production records daily
- Ensures the overall integrity of work produced by the line
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve manufacturing methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department
- Prepare and present training materials, and communications to team regarding safety, quality, production, 5S, and other key performance measures
- Maintains the overall safety of employees in the assigned work area by reporting all hazards/issues, leading and participating in incident investigations and follow-up, ergonomic and hazard assessments etc.
- Administer Company policies in a fair and consistent manner
- Encourages suggestions from employees, which will improve safety, quality, productivity, and operating cost.
- Maintains consistent communications and regular department meetings
- Performs other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or related field and two to three years of front-line leadership in manufacturing setting, or a sufficient combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, manufacturing drawings, policies, and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and foster and maintain a cooperative team-oriented work environment
- Ability to effectively lead, train, and motivate team members
- Ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic manufacturing environment