Summary & Objective
The Officer, Security maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and guarding entrance points and/ or gate of the facility. The Officer, Security ensures persons safety during their scheduled shift.
- Properly log in visitors when entering the campus.
- Conduct rounds of physical property during scheduled shift.
- Complete security end of shift reports.
- Check that all doors are properly locked. (Evening and Night Shifts only).
- Adheres to establish security policies and procedures and emergency codes.
- Informs and ensures visiting hours are followed appropriately.
- Reports and communicates with Director, Engineering and Security on all reported irregularities in the facility.
- Notify Police Department (911) when required for emergency situations.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Assist visitors with parking as needed.
- Participates in staff in-service training.
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Follows all safety precautions.
- Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently work in outside weather condition and is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Clear and active Class D Security License to practice in the state of Florida
- 1-2 years of security officer experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language