Summary & Objective
The Technician, Materials Management takes inventory of nursing unit supply rooms and restocks as indicated by inventory list. Distributes supplies to all departments as needed.
- Takes inventory of the nursing unit supply rooms daily.
- Delivers items from central store to fill the units need and charges appropriate nursing unit as indicated by inventory list.
- Places items neatly on shelves and in bins; in quantities as indicated.
- Performs special inventories of unit supply rooms as directed by supervisor.
- Assures that all storage locations in unit supply rooms are properly labeled and that items are in assigned location by unit of issue.
- Notifies supervisor immediately if any special cleaning or reorganization is required in unit supply room, verifying that all trash is removed at the end of each re-supply.
- Assures that all stock is properly rotated on a daily basis and that no expired products are in the supply room.
- Verifies that all storage rooms are propyl locked whenever leaving their location, assuring that unauthorized persons are not in the storage rooms.
- Maintain storage rooms with items at least 6 inches above the floor and at least 18 inches below sprinkler heads, assuring that all doors are kept clear and all fire regulations are obeyed.
- Check invoices, purchase order, packing slips, etc. with incoming merchandise.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Participates in staff in-service training
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Floats to other units as assigned
- Maintain mandatory skill updates
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.