Summary & Objective
The Nurse, Registered (RN) is responsible for managing the individualized patient care by promoting and restoring patients' health through the nursing process The Nurse, Registered will effectively interact with patients, family, significant others and health team members while maintaining all the standards required of a licensed Registered Nurse.
- Provides patient and/or resident care utilizing the nursing process and in compliance with facility nursing policies and procedures.
- Conducts an individualized assessment and evaluates the total needs of the patient and/or resident, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient's immediate condition or needs within 24 hours of admission.
- Continuously evaluates patient and/or resident status and adjusts plan based on patient/resident condition.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient and/or resident reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Complete thorough documentation of patient and/or resident care, including nursing intervention, patient and/or residents response, needs, problems, capabilities, limitations and progress towards goals in a timely manner
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure supplies, medications and equipment is properly stored.
- Answers call lights within appropriate established timeframe.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Administers medications and treatments according to nursing policies and procedures.
- Provide orientation on a regular basis to new employees.
- Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as required.
- Reports patient and/or resident condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient/resident's care needs.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of Florida
- CPR certification
- 1-3 years of experience in a Health Care Facility preferred
- BSN preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language