See all jobs in Naples FL
Job Location: Naples, FL
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
Physicians Day Surgery Center was opened in 1998 by area surgeons committed to providing their patients with the highest quality care in a friendly, personalized and supportive environment. Over the years we have had the pleasure of caring for the residents of Naples and the surrounding areas, as well as visitors from around the country and around the world.
Our 8,500 square foot facility is equipped with the best equipment the industry has to offer. Our surgeons are some of the best in the area, and we are very proud of our well trained and professional staff.
Join us as our new Surgical Technician!
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance that begins on day 1 of employment
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will be multitalented in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians' preference cards
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
- Adheres to aseptic technique when opening sterile packages and preparing for the procedure
- Arranges instruments according to given procedure
- Correctly uses, cares for, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, supplies, and equipment as directed
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety
- Maintains and updates instrument cards and surgeons' preference cards
The ideal candidate must possess a cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, and physicians. And make decisions and solve problems independently as well as with their team.
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Completion of surgical scrub technician course
- Operating room experience
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Two years previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
- ORT certification
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.