See all jobs in Pompano Beach FL
Job Location: Pompano Beach, FL
The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for ensuring quality throughout the phases of manufacturing from incoming materials to finished goods. Inspects all phases of manufacturing; compounding and filling. Collects and maintains the reference samples for various items. Primary / Key Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience and Qualifications
- Performs incoming inspections and sampling of raw materials and compontry.
- Compares and test items against their corresponding reference samples.
- Performs minimum quality control laboratory testing.
- Inspects all stages of productions (compounding, filling, cartoning, shipping).
- Perform start-up, in-process, shut down and clean checks for compounding and filling.
- Ensuring completeness of manufacturing processes prior to initiation of the next process step.
- Approving in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Takes samples and performs various test to ensure the quality of the process.
- Performs various in-process checks on the shopfloor, such as fill weight, label placement, lot number accuracy, etc.
- Performs compounding sampling of the bulk according to the SOP.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Supervisor.
- Performs all responsibilities according the SOP and cGMP.
- Communicates any quality issues in a timely manner to supervisor.
- Performs any task that supervisor assigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate Degrees or two years college experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment or 2 years working in a quality control laboratory.
- The success of this candidate must be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as supportive to management. Kira Labs is a small beauty manufacturer with a small multidisciplinary team that has experience in developing and producing successful and recognizable beauty brands.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Working knowledge of file sharing and data management
- Ability to rapidly multitask & execute under tight deadlines
- Understanding of Quality and GMP
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively resolve potential blockers
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Extremely flexible & willing to pivot in a fast paced, changing environment
- Self-starter who can execute projects that align with company objectives
- Comfortable working with staff across several departments