Patient Financial Services Coordinator
New Albany Rehabilitation Center, Skilled Nursing & Assisted Living
The MacIntosh Company is currently looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Patient Financial Services Representative for our New Albany Gardens & Care Center located in Columbus, Ohio. This person will be responsible for providing residents and their families timely and proactive communications regarding payment information, including explaining the breakdown of payer benefits, center billing statements, ongoing billing cycles, and payment expectations in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Develops proactive relationships with the Resident and his/her family and/or responsible party to ensure understanding of how reimbursement and bill payment works.
- Maintains open and trust-building relationships with resident family members, responding professionally and promptly to any requests or concerns.
- Processes, posts, and balances all of Resident Trust Fund account activity and ensures that all federal and state regulations are met.
- Processes all private statements for all residents on a monthly basis.
- Collects on all private pay accounts and documents collection efforts in the collection system database.
- Supports and assists the Admissions team regarding financial questions and sections of the Admissions process.
- Processes, posts, and balances all accounts payable weekly for the center and ensure that invoices are accurately coded to the correct general ledger expense account as appropriate and ensures that invoices are entered to appropriate period for accounting.
- Provides input into the development of department policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs quality assurance check for clinical and financial data.
- Maintains the confidentiality/rights of all residents and their care information in accordance to the Protected Health Information.
- Performs administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms and reports for clinical and financial systems.
- Performs position activities with an emphasis on timely, accurate and comprehensive support to the organization.
- Communicates and works with Resident’s family and/or responsible party to develop positive relationship and ensure necessary information sharing
- Listens and responds to resident concerns, complaints, suggestions, questions and comments.
- Assures that the residents’ personal and private property rights are followed by staff at all times.
- Interacts with residents to ensure that quality care and positive resident/staff relations are taking place.
- Two to four years in prior healthcare office setting preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Previous experience in payors and benefit eligibility in long term care industry, preferred
- Previous experience in general Accounting Receivable activity