PRN; Cooper Clinic. The Radiology Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing radiology/mammography exams in the laboratory working in conjunction with the Imaging Manager, ensuring compliance to the MQSA and state standards. Delivery of quality patient care is the imaging department goal.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform X-rays, Mammograms, Dexa Bone Density, and Dexa Body Composition scans.
- Prepare patient and exam room for procedure.
- Review patient history.
- Re-stock exam room following a procedure.
- Start-up equipment on a daily basis.
- Perform a monthly X-ray QC.
- Monitor and contact mammogram patients who require follow-ups (i.e. biopsy, MRI, ultrasound, etc.).
- Contact medical facilities for follow-up items (i.e. reports, images, and/or prior studies) needed to review for comparisons or for completion of a current exam.
- Cover Administrative Assistant position as needed.
- Scan Physician signed reports into EMR mail patient letters as needed.
- Manage off-site electronic access.
- Responsible for continuing education credits to support personal licensure.
- Address any equipment issues with proper service personnel and notify Imaging Director.
- Maintain a positive attitude and adhere to the Cooper purpose and core values.
- Adhere to all Clinic policies and standard operating procedures.
- Attend work in a consistent and timely manner. Must be present on-site to perform the duties of this position.
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training
- ARRT Registered Technologist of Radiology and Mammography RT (R) (M) - Required
- CPR certified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Hold problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, and strive for professionalism.
- Ability to work in group setting as well as work independently.
- Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to lift up to and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.