Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each servers primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Anduzzis Sports Club
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Write guests food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to guests, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
This role does not have any direct supervisory responsibility..Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and team members
- Basic Math and Comprehension Skills
- Able to handle money and operate point of sale system
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 6 Months Experience in a similar capacity preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting- up to 25lbs frequently, up to 40lbs occasionally. Grasps objects to move or manipulate them frequently. Stands and walks constantly. Listen to and comprehends instructions from Guests and coworkers over background restaurant and equipment noise constantly. Frequent hand washing required as is the ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by Associates, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.