The FOH Supervisor is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the management of employees. In addition, ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The FOH Supervisor reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Anduzzi's Sports Club
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests' needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
When on duty, this role acts in the capacity as a manager exercising discretion in matters of significance such as staffing, inventory and overall restaurant operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ServSafe or Wisconsin Food Manager Certification
- Experience with monitoring food and labor costs, menu development and costing
- Ability to lead teams and make difficult decisions
- Ability to delegate and hold others accountable
- Ability to maintain composure and motivate teams
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 Years of Restaurant Management experience in a high volume business operation.