See all jobs in Norfolk VA
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Job ID: 2020-2411
# of Openings: 1
SJS Executives is currently seeking a carpenter to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be skilled in the use of precision carpentry tools and woodworking equipment to produce finished work with precise fits, tight joints, accurate dimensions and acceptable appearance.
- Constructs walls and partitions using wood or metal studs. Installs and tapes Sheetrock.
- Installs suspended ceilings.
- Constructs door and window frames.
- Builds forms for concrete structures such as ramps, manholes, storm drains, steps, and floors.
- Erects dust shields in areas where high levels of dust will be present during construction or demolition operations.
- Manufactures equipment cabinets, computer consoles, and bookcases. Installs cabinets, counter tops, trim, and molding.
- Alters and modifies existing walls by door and window frames and by cutting opening for air conditioners and duct and pipe runs; steps and hand rails by renewing or upgrading type and quality of material; adds or removes sections of room partitions.
- Alters doors by changing hardware such as hinges, doorknobs, striker plates, bolt locks and doorstops.
- Changes types of guides used in window frames.
- Repairs floors, ceilings, walls and sections of paneling. Fills and patches holes.
- Replaces missing screws, bolts, hinges and locks.
- Prepares surfaces and uses primers, paints, stains, varnishes and similar coatings to coat doors, frames, casings and moldings after completing installations or after completing minor patch and repair jobs.
- Skilled in the use of precision carpentry tools and woodworking equipment to produce finished work with precise fits, tight joints, accurate dimensions and acceptable appearance.
- Knowledge of the proper use, selection and substitution of materials to meet the requirements of strength, durability, appearance and safety.
- Ability to interpret complex instructions, sketches, blueprints, codes and specifications.
- Skilled in the use of advanced trade mathematics to convert measurements, estimated material, and lay out rafters, steps, arcs, circles and tangents.
- Must be skilled in setting up and using hand and power tools of the trade such as portable drills, clippers, joiners, shavers, tenoners. sanders, routers, power activated nailers, combustions typed saws, screw fasteners, drill presses, and table saws
- Skilled in performing routing maintenance on equipment by lubricating machines, changing and sharpening saw blades, and by adjusting drive belt tensions.
- U.S Citizen
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Journeyman Certificaftion - perferred
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen
- Must be able to obtain pass access
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.