See all jobs in Seal Beach CA
Job Location: Seal Beach, CA
Location: US-CA-Seal Beach
Job ID: 2020-2389
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Trades
Phone Number: (619) 514-0060
Phone Extension: 132
SJS Executives is currently seeking an electrician. Our ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge to accurately perform services to install, modify, repair, troubleshoot, load and test new and existing electrical line, circuit, system, fixtures, control and equipment. Some of these involved are secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply a wide range of voltage, amperage, phase and frequency requirements, distribution panels, switchgear, power and control circuits, electrical warning, detection, and fire alarm systems and high intensity lighting systems.
- Following work order (written or oral) requests to diagnose system or equipment malfunction and repair as necessary.
- Use knowledge of national and local electrical codes, agency regulation and equipment manufacturer operation and maintenance manuals to properly analyze problems and complete effective repair.
- Follow recommended maintenance schedule inspect, clean, repair, and adjust a variety of equipment, circuitry, and fixtures such as, electrical buzzer and bell circuits, light socket, lighting fixture, fan switch, solar and conventional heating systems.
- Use of building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and electrical maintenance and repair manuals
- Plan and lay out the routing, placement type, size, gauge, balance, load, continuity, and proper and safe operation of electrical line, circuit, system, equipment, and controls.
- Install, modify, repair, load, and test systems, circuits and devices like those described above.
- Determine, arrange, places, and route wiring to and from panel, box, circuit, fitting, connection and control. Determine and install wiring, conduit, fixture, transformer and other electrical device in the size, type, and arrangement needed for proper and safe operation of electrical systems, circuit and equipment.
- Work alone or with other workers to perform simple or complex tasks while following appropriate and safe procedures.
- Perform outages and support construction activities as necessary. Visual and sensory perception along with hand-eye coordination is required to operate equipment, detect deficiencies and make repairs;
- Diagnose problems and make installment of devices, equipment, parts, etc.
- Familiarity of NAVFAC SW Safety and Health Requirements.
- Ensure all designated working areas are maintained in an orderly manner and continuously maintained free of trash and debris.
- At the end of each day, the general work areas shall be swept, supplies, materials, tools, and equipment shall be pick-up and stored, and the municipal trash containers will be emptied.
- Participate in meetings with contractors, agencies, clients, and team members when required
- Participate in briefings when required
- Provide monthly status report that summarizes the work efforts and accomplishments performed.
- Comply with all PPE requirements of the Navy.
- Valid California "C" State driver's license
- U.S. citizenship or resident alien. Proof of US Citizenship or resident alien card will be required.
- OSHA 10 - General Industry or Construction Certified before starting work.
- Ability to acquire a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Strong communication skills in the English language, both written and oral.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the electrical trade; able to read, interpret and apply building specifications, blueprints and building codes.
- Able to recognize and select proper materials from a variety of electrical products.
- Knowledge of the makeup, operation, and installation of the wiring systems in industrial complexes and buildings, power and control circuits and distribution panels. Shall have the ability to plan, layout and complete the installation, modification, and repair to various systems, circuits, equipment and controls such as those listed above.
- Knowledge of the various electrical devices, and the ability to arrange and install them in ways that insure proper and safe operation of system, circuits and equipment worked on.
- Ability to perform regular and recurring field inspections, investigations, or surveys in which there is a considerable amount of walking, stooping, bending, and climbing.
f) Ability to perform work in an office setting, with occasional visits to construction sites. Work involves moderate risks of discomforts that require adherence to safety precautions.
- Ability to interpret and apply building plans, blue prints, wiring diagrams and engineering drawings and use formulas.
- Skill in the use of hand tools and a wide variety of test equipment to include: voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, wattmeter, MegOhmMeter, infrared thermal meter, and cable faultfinder.
- Knowledge of national and local electrical codes.
- This position may require ability to obtain licenses for the operation of Fork lift, High Lift (JLG) and/or Construction equipment, upon notification. Should work be assigned that requires special certification or licensing to perform or to use the specialized tools or equipment, the Electrician shall be required to obtain such certification or licensing and maintain any associated qualification requirements.
Please send resumes to THIS EMAIL
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.