See all jobs in Seattle WA
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job ID: 2020-2390
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management
Phone Number: (757) 502-4101
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives is currently seeking a talented Certified Industrial Hygienist to join our team.
- Visit Army facilities across Washington state to conduct Industrial Hygiene surveys, with one facility visit per month. Each site visit includes multiple buildings which will be a mix of offices, skilled trades shops and laboratories. Must be willing to travel once per month.
- Serve as the leader of the SJS project team for each site visit, which will be 3-6 SJS employees
- Prepare detailed reports after each site visit with comprehensive survey results to help the Army ensure regulatory compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and Department of the Army (DA) regulations pertaining to Occupational Health. Each final report will include standard industrial hygiene best practices, i.e., calibration information, legally defensible information, etc.
- Accurately identify, characterize, and assess potential workplace health hazards
- Recommend appropriate engineering and administrative controls and/or personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent occupational related illnesses, injuries, or deaths to service members and civilian workers
- Recommend personnel for exposure-based medical surveillance
- Integrate established Industrial Hygiene (IH) principles, concepts, and functions in support of related programs, such as Safety, Occupational Medicine, Bio Surety, Chemical Surety, Vision Conservation and Readiness, Respiratory Protection, Indoor Air Quality, asbestos control, lead abatement, and environmental compliance
- Perform ventilation evaluations, sound level measurements, and noise dosimetry measurements
- Maintain diligent travel records and receipts to prepare trip reports
- Prepare Monthly Status Reports (MSRs) for SJS to provide to the Contracting Officer to summarize actions accomplished each month
- Compile meeting minutes when required by the government
- Prepare a Project Management Plan and other document deliverables
- Attend In-Process Review meetings with the government in person in the Seattle-Tacoma area
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Provide verifiable documentation of your Industrial Hygiene certification and status as an CIH
- Have an active or dormant SECRET personnel clearance (PCL), or have a background that enables you to obtain a SECRET clearance, should one be needed
- Must be US citizen, be able to pass drug screening and background check
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.