See all jobs in Seal Beach CA
Job Location: Seal Beach, CA
Location: US-CA-Seal Beach
Job ID: 2020-2364
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Trades
Phone Number: (619) 514-0060
Phone Extension: 132
The Electrician shall perform services to install, modify, repair, troubleshoot, load and test new and existing electrical line, circuit, system, fixtures, control and equipment. Some of these involved are secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply a wide range of voltage, amperage, phase and frequency requirements, distribution panels, switchgear, power and control circuits, electrical warning, detection, and fire alarm systems and high intensity lighting systems.
- Following work order requests, diagnose system or equipment malfunction and repair as necessary.
- Use knowledge of national and local electrical codes, agency regulation and equipment manufacturer operation and maintenance manuals to properly analyze problems and complete effective repair.
- Follow recommended maintenance schedule inspect, clean, repair, and adjust a variety of equipment, circuitry, and fixtures such as, electrical buzzer and bell circuits, light socket, lighting fixture, fan switch, solar and conventional heating systems.
- Use of building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and electrical maintenance and repair manuals
- Plan and lay out the routing, placement type, size, gauge, balance, load, continuity, and proper and safe operation of electrical line, circuit, system, equipment, and controls.
- Install, modify, repair, load, and test systems, circuits and devices like those described above.
- Determine, arrange, places, and route wiring to and from panel, box, circuit, fitting, connection and control. Determine and install wiring, conduit, fixture, transformer and other electrical device in the size, type, and arrangement needed for proper and safe operation of electrical systems, circuit and equipment.
- Shall work alone or with other workers to perform simple or complex tasks while following appropriate and safe procedures.
- Perform outages and support construction activities as necessary.
- Receive assignment the form of oral or written instruction (work order) to perform a variety of electrical tasks.
- Ensure all designated working areas are maintained in an orderly manner and continuously maintained free of trash and debris.
- Participate in meetings with contractors, agencies, clients, and team members when required to do so
- Comply with all PPE requirements of the Navy.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the electrical trade; able to read, interpret and apply building specifications, blueprints and building codes.
- Able to recognize and select proper materials from a variety of electrical products.
- Knowledge of the makeup, operation, and installation of the wiring systems in industrial complexes and buildings, power and control circuits and distribution panels. Shall have the ability to plan, layout and complete the installation, modification, and repair to various systems, circuits, equipment and controls such as those listed above.
- Knowledge of the various electrical devices, and the ability to arrange and install them in ways that insure proper and safe operation of system, circuits and equipment worked on.
- Ability to interpret and apply building plans, blue prints, wiring diagrams and engineering drawings and use formulas.
- Skill in the use of hand tools and a wide variety of test equipment to include: voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, wattmeter, MegOhmMeter, infrared thermal meter, and cable faultfinder.
- Knowledge of national and local electrical codes.
- Srong communication skills in the English language, both written and oral.
- Ability to perform regular and recurring field inspections, investigations, or surveys in which there is a considerable amount of walking, stooping, bending, and climbing.
- Ability to perform work in an office setting, with occasional visits to construction sites. Work involves moderate risks of discomforts that require adherence to safety precautions.
- Valid California "C" State driver's license.
- U.S. citizenship or Resident Alien
- OSHA 10 - General Industry or Construction Certified before starting work.
- CPR Certification - before starting work
- Must pass background check/drug screen
- Must have clean driving record
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.