The Manufacturing Equipment Cleaning Support will be responsible for keeping filling equipment in sanitary working condition and complying GMP and SOPs. This includes disassembly/reassembly, washing, cleaning and maintaining the machines, pumps, hoses and tools
Primary / Key Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Follow the correct clean up procedure between each run or change over.
- Understand basic principles of hygiene and sanitization, including the 3 Sink Sanitizing method and other cleaning in place methods.
- Disassemble dirty Simplex filling machines and reassemble the clean machines according to the SOP.
- Disassemble and reassemble clean diaphragm pumps and direct drive pumps, replacing or lubricating seals as needed.
- Recognize problems/defects with equipment and follow through on corrective action plans.
- Understand the operating function of pumps, valves and basic plumbing.
- Notify Quality Control, Mechanical Lead or department head immediately about serious repair issues. Work as a team with Line Leads and Process Techs to solve problems.
- Able to calculate dilution ratios for common cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Communicate effectively with the next shift.
- Accurately and legibly fill out logbooks, make necessary corrections and record changes.
- Accurately fill out a daily report.
- Maintain inventory and request supplies needed to perform regular tasks including sanitizers, soaps and o-rings
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Supervisor.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Support and implement continuous process improvements.
- Support and adhere to Kira's values and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Fork Lift License a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Routine duties are performed with minimal supervision
Standard practices and procedures allow this position to proceed alone at routine work. Work is reviewed upon completion although occasional check of work while in progress will take place.
Many activities require working as a team member and following instructions.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and fill out various controlled documents (i.e. Batch Records, specifications, and S.O.P.'s.)
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints knowledgably and respectfully.
- Proficient in English. Conversational Spanish a plus.
- Aptitude to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Able to calculate without assistance or calculators for addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
- Capable to define problems using abstract concepts such as structured problem solving to collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Physical Requirements
- Vision: Must have ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Smell: Must be able to identify odors and smells for safe chemical management.
- Must be able to use dollies, fork trucks, and manual pallet jacks
- Lift 30 lbs