Here at Delta Defense, it is a top priority to give an unprecedented customer experience to our members and individuals looking to be members. The Workforce Manager is a critical role to helping us achieve this.
In this position, you will be responsible for forecasting, scheduling, monitoring related metrics, and ensuring a service level that leaves our customers and prospects happy! This position will also require minute to minute live management and on the spot problem solving.
In this role, you become the main staffing resource for the entire contact center. You will shift resources, monitor incoming contacts, review metrics, discover what impacts they are having, and put advisors in the best possible position to help our customers.
- Forecasting Contact Volumes for Service, Sales, Retention, and Digital.
- Analyze and report historical data and trends and develop forecast models. Generate long-term and short-term forecasts.
- Own the scheduling process, including adjustments, and on the spot rescheduling.
- Work proactively with the leaders to execute the mission of the customer facing teams.
- Meet weekly with leaders to:
- Review the forecast and staff plan and discuss actions needed to maintain service levels.
- Discuss approvals or denials of any discretionary activities such as vacations, projects, or meetings.
- Obtain Supervisors buy-in of upcoming week's schedules and forecasted service levels.
- Real Time Service-Level Management, including intraday re-forecasting of workload based on trends, as well as optimizing breaks and lunches to ensure consistent service levels and adherence to schedule.
- Point of contact for any issues with the workforce management tools.
- Oversee creation and execution of workforce staffing strategies.
- Development of process practices, methodologies, tools, and capabilities in regards to staffing for each business unit.
- Collaborate with front-line supervisors on intraday and change management processes; recommend actionable adjustments to meet objectives.
- Oversee escalation plan when service levels are negatively impacted.
- Analysis and reporting of actual vs. forecasted to account for variations during intraday intervals.
- Develop annual call center volume and staffing forecasts, by skill set, and update these estimates throughout the year.
- Capture, store, and report on historical statistics and trends.
- Establish and maintain communication channels regarding events that impact call/chat/email volumes.
- Direct and oversee cross-training initiatives to ensure even workload distribution.
- Analyze trends including contact volumes, contact patterns, staff productivity, staff capacity/resources, and use the analysis results to make real time decisions regarding contact center staffing.
- Perform complex conceptual analyses and provide explanations and information on complex issues.
- Keep business units and leadership up to speed of any interruptions in service.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in a workforce management role desired.
- At least two year of contact center experience and knowledge of call center fundamentals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy and understanding of software and internet functions.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems with minimal guidance.
- Understanding of the diversity in customer and employee behavior.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Aligned with the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, communication, and organization skills.
- Self-motivated and must excel in a minimally managed high profile position.
- Ability to direct and influence people that are not under their direct supervision.