See all jobs in Phoenix AZ
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Service Tech I - HVAC (entry level) performs inspections, testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of HVAC Systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses HVAC system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position and type/size of equipment to include up to 5 Tons split systems, heat pump, RTU and WSHP.
- Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential HVAC equipment to perform troubleshooting and planned maintenance as indicated in the service agreement.
- Completes service contracts, quoted service projects and demand service calls as directed. Starts to develop long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
- Participates in technician on-call/stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety requirements.
High School Diploma or GED.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
0-2 years of experience.
Required -- HVAC Unitary skills: split system - all brands up to 5 tons, mini-split system - up to 3 ton heat pump, roof top units - all brands up to 5 tons, water source heat pumps - all brands up to 5 tons, water source heat pumps - all brands up to 5 tons.
Knowledge of brand specific controls.
Fundamentals of A/C electrical circuits and low voltage D/C electrical circuits and operation.
Hands on experience with one or more controls platforms.
Ability to read basic schematics.
Must be able to use app-based technology.
Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.