See all jobs in Phoenix AZ
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Type: Regular Full-Time
Assembles, installs and repairs plumbing systems according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Studies specifications, building plans and shop drawings to determine tools and equipment required and the appropriate sequence of installation. Follows hanger spacing and load requirements based on specs and owner requirements.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, urinals, water heaters, water softeners and others.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe, pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level and laser.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Installs sleeves and leave outs for roof and wall penetrations.
- Digs, backfills and tamps ditches using shovels, picks, and tampers.
- Cuts, reams and solders copper tubing/piping, braze, solvent weld, fuse groove and thread pipe using pipe cutters, reamers, torches, allow gaskets, solvent cements, fusing machines, press fittings, grove and pipe-threading machines.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipes and fittings composed of metals, i.e. iron, steel, copper, brass, lead and non-metals, i.e. glass, vitrified clay and plastic using hand tools and power tools.
- Joins pipe using mechanical solder, brazing and pipe joining methods.
- Fills pipe systems with water or air and reads gauges to determine system leaks.
- Maintains the work area in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations (should support implementation of 6S). Maintains required personal tools, and properly uses all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Valid/current Journeyman Plumber's License is required.
4+ years as a Plumbing Journeyman preferred
Trained and qualified to operate machinery such as scissor lifts, aerial lifts, fork lifts, etc.
Requires proficiency through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. May act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision and regularly provides guidance to others.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.