See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2020-3491
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Leads the warehouse and inventory management of materials and parts for the Atlas Air Material Operations Department at the warehouse and flight line. Develops/implements processes and procedures for efficient material handling. Oversees, monitors and reviews activities of Material Operations team during unattended supervisory shifts.
- Leads and monitors the warehouse team and participates in daily stores functions such as shipping, receiving, binning, issuing, housekeeping and security of technical spares.
- Oversees monitors and reviews activity of Material Operations Specialist and Clerks during their shift. Responsible for updating and informing Supervisors and Managers of staff schedule needs and changes
- Performs Level 1 and level 2 receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control to insure that parts acquired contain the proper documentation, conform to acceptable quality standards and comply with Atlas Air policies and FARs.
- Assists Repair Department with unserviceable parts review and disposition. Makes recommendations on scrap/repair decisions and ensures condemned parts are handled in accordance with company policy.
- Reviews and resolves inventory discrepancies/inquiries in a timely manner.
- Enforces and develops processes and procedures to ensure efficient material handling are in compliance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with Maintenance and HDQ Materials to identify and correct potential disruptions related to parts or tooling for AOG, DMI, MELs and scheduled maintenance.
- Maintains proper supplies and equipment for the safe packaging and transport of aircraft parts.
- Assists the Supervisors and Manager in the training of new hires, including the identification and handling of dangerous goods.
- Responsible for ensuring shelf life procedures are completed and monitored and no materials are used in aircraft maintenance beyond their shelf life limits.
- Responsible for tooling and equipment storage, handling, control, logistics and shipping them out for repairs and calibration.
- Ensures that safe clean and organized workplace conditions are maintained. Reports any safety incidents, accidents or violations that may occur
- Travel to various locations to support operational needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in requisitioning, receiving, storing, moving, issuing and shipping aircraft materials, supplies and equipment. Including experience in warehousing diverse goods in a complex operational environment.
- Previous experience with leading a warehouse or aircraft line operations shift
- Forklift experience required
- Considerable knowledge of: store keeping and inventory control practices for a wide variety of parts, supplies, and equipment in sheltered and unsheltered environments; computerized inventory records management procedures.
- Knowledge of scheduling and experience writing schedules
- Previous experience with identifying and shipping of hazardous materials.
- Supervisory/leadership skills and techniques
- Ability to lead a team during a shift to ensure all duties and tasks are being completed
- Ability to read and understand company reports and manuals as it pertains to the job
- Ability to travel as required supporting operational needs.
- Must be able to pass ten year background check and obtain airport security badge
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Outlook.
- Frequent: lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of moderately heavy weight objects (up to 70 pounds);
- Controlling or driving materials handling equipment in a congested warehouse environment.
- Subject to call back, standby, and working flexible hours, weekends, holidays and extended hours.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement