About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Technical Data Analyst Position:
The Technical Analyst will report to the VP of Health Analytics with supervision by the Senior Data Analyst on the team. They will be responsible for managing multiple core data functions in support of the Health Analytics, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Actuarial departments. Will provide data and technical expertise for the development of core models (underwriting, forecasting, etc.), reports, special projects, and ad-hoc needs.
This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Technical Data Analyst - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Data extract/transform/and load (ETL)
- Creation and maintenance of SQL scripts and stored procedures used in Underwriting/Pricing analysis and ad-hoc analysis
- SQL Server database maintenance
- Automated/scheduled jobs creation and maintenance
- Data reconciliation activities
- Population/Maintenance of Tableau dashboards
- Interfacing with IT on data formats/standards and consistency across departments
- Provide expertise and guidance on best practice regarding technical design (database structure, stored procedures, automated jobs, data normalization)
Technical Data Analyst - Qualifications:
- 2-5 years in data management/technical processes
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or similar field
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and a good understanding of relational databases like DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Experience with the end-to-end pipeline of data analysis, data extraction, pre-processing, data cleaning, mining, and visualization for deriving required results
- Good experience and knowledge of ETL and data analysis
- Experience with automated jobs/scripts
- Experience with Business Intelligence: Tableau, SPSS, Stata, Power BI for Office 365, MSBI (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
Technical Data Analyst - Preferred Qualifications/Skills:
- Experience with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and industry standard billing, compliance, and reimbursement methodologies.
- Familiarity with commercial payor medical policies
- Knowledge of and experience with laboratory medical coding rules and regulations, compliance, reimbursement, bundling issues.
- Certified Medical Coder
- Experience with developing logic associated claims editing
- Experience with data analysis tools
- Biology, chemistry, medicine, nursing, medical technology, or related field of education