About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Senior Implementation Manager Position:
The Senior Implementation Manager will manage the multi-functional aspects of client implementation. This role will plan, coordinate, and manage activities between the internal Avalon team, the health plan client, and potentially other vendors. This role may take on additional internal business development project management responsibilities. Candidate must be an experienced project manager and entrepreneurial in approach to project management: dynamic, adaptive, persistent. Candidate must be adept working in a matrixed organization, proficient in communication both written and verbal, and have strong relationship building skills. Candidate must have experience with health insurance companies and managed care operations – network management, claims processing, utilization management. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 10%. When not travelling, time can be split between office and WFH, with up to 2 days/week on average as WFH.
This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Senior Implementation Manager - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Working under the guidance of the VP, Implementation:
- Manage multiple workstreams for client implementations
- Develop project management structure that fits the needs of the project. Tailor project management artifacts, as appropriate, to support client's needs and internal needs
- Prevent problems from occurring by identifying potential problems, developing risk mitigation strategies, and proactively addressing.
- Solve problems by leading creative and collaborative discussions with team members.
- Communicate effectively and clearly so that all project team members are working in concert, leadership is informed and able to escalate effectively when needed, and the client is confident in Avalon's ability to deliver.
- Become a SME for the Avalon lab benefit management program to support client requirements gathering and solution design (leveraging other Avalon SMEs as needed), and to help gather requirements and facilitate solutioning on the Avalon side.
- Ensure the success of the Avalon program implementation by taking other proactive measures as needed and appropriate.
Senior Implementation Manager - Qualifications:
- Minimum of eight years professional experience in some combination of project management, IT, and managed care operations
- Bachelor's degree
- PMP or equivalent is valued but not required
Senior Implementation Manager - Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in project management
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in managed care industry
- Comfortable in a high-visibility, individual contributor role with the ability to work cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through problem solving and creative solutionin
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results