We're in search of an experienced HR technical expert to support our HR department in ensuring efficient business operations. The HR technical expert will have a blend of administrative responsibilities, helping plan and administer important functions and processes, in addition to having responsibility assisting an area of the business with employee relations functions. At Delta Defense LLC we understand that our business thrives when our personnel thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals. This person must thrive in a fast paced environment, and find change exciting!
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the dedicated HR resource for managers, supervisors, and employees of an area within the business to provide support for employee relations, investigations, organizational design, policy interpretation, performance discussions, and terminations
- Coach Supervisors on handling employee relations issues
- Assist employees with questions regarding benefits, leave of absences, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Create policies, process documents, and procedures for various functions within the HR department and assist managers and employees with policy interpretation, as needed.
- Participate in process mapping activities to identify waste and streamline several functions within HR
- Develop reports and analyses as required to successfully identify and track metrics and areas for improvement
- Develop and delivers written communications and presentations to communicate concepts related to one or more functional HR areas for managers and employees
- Participate in recruiting and onboarding functions as needed
- Maintain employee records and files
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or business related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a well rounded human resources generalist role, with particular emphasis on employee relations situations
- A minimum of 3 years of experience demonstrating technical expertise in areas of process improvement, policy writing, and job description creation
- A minimum of 3 years of HR direct experience with and strong knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws including FMLA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond quickly and creatively to change and shifting priorities. Comfort operating in a high-volume work environment
- Exposure to employee benefits, recruiting, training, and employee engagement preferred
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of leadership
- Ability to thrive and contribute to being a gatekeeper of the Delta culture
- Ability to work amongst numerous distractions and take work direction from more than one person and prioritize accordingly
- Highly discreet and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates the core values of Delta Defense