See all jobs in Los Angeles CA
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 2020-3468
# of Openings: 1
Category: Ground Operations
City: Los Angeles
Company: Polar Air Cargo
Oversee and train staff with the implementation of the new CBP automated systems, which facilitate the electronic importing, and exporting of goods through Automated Commercial Environment (ACE). Maintain organization of files in accordance with customs regulations. Respond to customs inquiries in relation to any associated fines and penalties. Customer service excellence is a priority with ACE inquiries.
- Implementation of new ACE programs and training of the staff for start up of the new system. Scheduling of staff to cover flights on a weekly basis.
- Ensure proper electronic entry and entry summary filings for each MAWB importing into the station.
- Overseeing and ensuring the maintenance of accurate records.
- Researching flights in regards to letters issued by U.S. Customs indicating possible fines and penalties if violations or untimely responses occur and maintains separate records of all such inquiries and results of each.
- Develop / Implement record keeping procedures for required customs files.
- Schedule and assign duties to operations staff working flights and handling customs documentation.
- Assist customers with all ACE inquires such as, arrival info, transit info, and freight clearances with CBP.
- Track and Trace - training staff in using Cargo Spot for entering cargo irregularities and tracing details.
- Researching CDR-Cargo Damage Reports and Photo Documents, ensure that all photographs are housed properly and supporting documentation is appropriately inserted in Cargo Spot.
- Assist with CCA (Cargo Correction Advisory) process. Ensure all CCA's have supporting documentation and are correctly generated. Amend any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Communicate with ground handler to ensure all freight and documents have been received. Follow up with the ground station if anything is missing.
- Ensuring that documentation is thoroughly and accurately completed for submission for the LAWA badging process
- Complete CBP (Customs and Border Protection) reports as required. This includes verifications of airway bills and customs authorizations to ensure that we are in compliance with government regulations.
- Supervise office supply ordering and sending of supplies for LAX Station.
- Perform station administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Station Manager
- Must possess a High School diploma
- Must be familiar with import and export cargo customs procedures
- Must be able to pass requirements and stay current with authorized signer requirements for LAWA
- Must be familiar with Cargo Spot
- Knowledge of customs forms and regulations in relation to shipping and clearing cargo
- Previous AMS/ACE experience with shippers or airlines
- Minimum 3 years' experience in airfreight with export and import cargo documentation or similar experience
- Need to pass government required background checks (ex. customs background check and LAWA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work [with minimal supervision] independently and as a member of a team
- Have a focus on exceptional customer service
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Have a problem solving mindset
- Ability to be resourceful and adapt to shifting priorities
- Professional demeanor
- Must be flexible and be available to work outside of scheduled hours as needed
- Must possess integrity, honesty and strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to contribute to the role
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement