See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
The Senior Manager, Purchasing is fully responsible for the procurement of products and services supporting all Klein Tools facilities. This includes raw materials, components, finished goods, and additional assigned indirect spend categories. This position will work closely with multiple business units, developing strategies and coordinating supply chain activities to assure that cost and value-added requirements are met, while maintaining the highest ethical business standards. This position will develop, produce, and track critical metrics to ensure departmental and corporate goals are attained.
1. Manage the Purchasing department's activities and collaborate with logistics, product management, engineering, quality, and manufacturing to maximize seamless interdepartmental work-flow.
2. Oversee all tactical activities related to corporate spend, from purchase order execution through delivery of commodity or service.
3. Drive continuous improvements in the following key targets to improve; product quality, customer service levels with a minimum of 98% fulfillment, inventory management, and days payable outstanding.
4. Evaluate and improve current purchasing processes to drive productivity and service level improvements to all stakeholders.
5. Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and develop countermeasures to current and future challenges.
6. Lead and develop the entire purchasing organization, with a focus on employee growth.
7. Develop, support and implement enabling technologies.
8. Routinely communicate inventory status on critical issues and products to senior leadership.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in supply chain management, logistics or other related field with 5 (five) years of procurement related work experience. Masters preferred. Project management experience is required.
Must have experience leading a team in a procurement environment. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word). Demonstrated ability to analyze data. Ability to work and effectively communicate with all levels of the company and suppliers.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.