Who We Are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From the humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
Thompson Pipe Group is currently looking for a Quality Technician.
The Quality Assurance Technician will work within the Quality department and alongside Production Operations to ensure the highest level of quality for Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure products. The position will collaborate with various departments within the facility to ensure knowledge of, and compliance with, project-specific quality assurance requirements.
- Working as part of dynamic team, Audit and Inspect raw materials, in process, and final product to ensure compliance with applicable project requirements
- Perform Visual Welding inspection
- Perform or Witness Non-Destructive Testing of welds and welded components
- Maintain records of all quality, test, and inspection reports, including: Concrete and Mortar Strength reports
- Under the supervision of the QA Manager, monitor all aspects of product Quality
- Identify, document, and report all non-conforming conditions
- Sample, Test, Report, and Evaluate tests conducted on Cement Mortar Coating
- Sample, Test, Report, and Evaluate tests conducted on Steel Tensile Strength
- Sample, Test, Report, and Evaluate tests conducted on Small and Large Aggregates
- Identify, Support, Report and Evaluate Joint Assembly Test reports
- Audit, Review and Validate production reports
- Review material certifications/test reports on component materials to assure compliance with project requirements
- Assist Production personnel who have been assigned quality control responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with any additional or special quality assurance procedures required by project specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current “American Welding Society” Certified Welding Inspector, “AWS”-CAWI, or CWI, or SCWI
- Non-Destructive testing, Current or Previous ASNT-TC-1A certification to Level 1, 2, or 3. Certification in one or more of the following disciplines: PT, MT, UT.
- Coatings inspection or application experience NACE or SSPC certifications.
- Knowledge of concrete technology, ACI certification is a plus.
- Prior training in Welding and Nondestructive Evaluation/Testing (NDE/NDT).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing setting, Quality Assurance or Production.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
What We Offer:
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity!
We are located at 1004 MacArthur Blvd. Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Question about the Position? You can contact us at 469-313-2556
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employer Continue