Trimlite is looking for a person to assist in the shipping department. This person must be organized with good attention to detail. The shipping clerk is responsible for recording shipping orders on the computer system. Labeling items and packing items into containers for shipping
To be successful as a shipping clerk, you must be able to multitask. A good shipping clerk ensures that all items are packed, labeled and recorded appropriately in preparation to transport.
Training and Experience
• Previous shipping and receiving experience
• Previous experience with reading bills of lading
• Experience with reading work orders
• Understanding of bills of lading
• Experience recording order details on the computer system
• Label package with all vital information
• Monitor inventory and order more units as needed
• Good attendance required
• Possess communication skills to be able to understand basic instructions
• Forklift certification, Sit down, stand-up, aerial, and pallet jack.
• Compliance with safety regulations
• Other duties as assigned by Department Manager or Lead
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet, dusty, and or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Medium work – exerting up to 75-100 lbs of force often and/or up to 20 lbs of force regularly to move objects.
Wage and Benefits
• Wages starting at $18.00- $20.00 per hour, DOE
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
• Paid Time Off