About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Senior Analyst Position:
The ideal candidate will have experience in laboratory pricing and reimbursement through employment with a full-service lab (such as LabCorp or Quest). This position will have day-to-day responsibility for the financial operations of Avalon's Provider Network department. This role will interact with other Avalon departments to assure that the financial goals of the department are met.
This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Senior Analyst - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily activities of the Provider Network department to ensure the effective operation of network management
- Resolve problems and create solutions for issues related to lab pricing
- Interface with the Finance department to monitor the gross margin associated with Avalon's network product; regularly confer with the EVP, Provider Networks and the CFO to determine strategies for improvement
- Work directly with the Analytics department to develop Avalon fee schedules
- Collaborate with other operational departments to maintain provider relations and process improvements across the enterprise
- Manage new projects within the department; manage the governance process for approval of project design and resource management
- Represent the Network group in interdepartmental meetings (Quality, Compliance, etc.) in the absence of the EVP
- Assist with business development, RFP, and audit requests as needed
Senior Analyst - Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in laboratory services
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business management; may consider additional direct experience and schooling in lieu of a degree
- Direct experience in pricing/reimbursement for laboratory services
- Previous employment with a laboratory services company; employment by one of the national, full-service labs strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of health plan contracting
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Posses innate curiosity, moving beyond the how to why
- Solid business acumen, particularly related to laboratory services and managed care
Senior Analyst - Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of SQL is helpful
- Previous use of Tableau a plus