The Market Manager position is the face of the market representing Alpha EMC. The Market Manager is responsible for coordinating market activities, deeply engaging with multi-level clients to identify opportunities for growth, and developing a local team accountable to execute at a high level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for overall performance of market. This includes but is not limited to market growth, timely and accurate execution of work for clients, frequent client engagement, market visibility, business development, cost management, profitability, teammate development, and strong bias for action as well as customer support.
- Develops team through one on one coaching and training, acting as leader and coach for team.
- Works closely with Operations to adopt and reinforce efficiencies, safety, asset utilization, proper protocols, etc.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and terminations as needed.
- Displays effective time management skills.
- Ensures all information is input into internal systems accurately and timely.
- Acts as liaison between team and operations.
- Deeply engaged with client base at multi-levels, networking and building opportunities.
- Develop new ideas to generate growth plan for area (services, markets, roles, etc.).
- Grow revenue by developing relationships with new clients and growing our existing relationships with clients.
- Develop strong relationships across all levels of organization and be a strong presence in the market.
- Maintains relationship with state and local government agency and keeps up with agency regulations within area.
- Oversee and take ownership for cost associated with area (expense management, travel, supplies, sub-contractors, etc.).
- Communicates with clients to promote new EFS products and services.
- Delivers solution based proposals in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures adherence with team of Alpha Mission and Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position manages teammates in the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
On location at Alpha EMC client construction job sites. Proper construction field attire is required including high top hard-toe work boots that protect the ankle, hard hats, Alpha-branded polo shirt (or safety vest), khaki pants (no jeans). Safety glasses and safety vest may be required on a case by case basis pursuant to local and jobsite specific requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility, 40+ hours a week. Due to the nature of the industry and environmental laws/regulations, this may cause you to work on weekends and/or holidays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected on a case by case basis.
Education and Experience
- AA/AS degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of management experience
- 1-3 years of client development experience
- 1-3 years experience/involvement within the construction industry
- Knowledge of erosion control is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Be able to reach overhead. Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, walking, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.