Electrical Engineer (position located in Jensen Beach, FL)
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation based on education/experience and performance
- Generous Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance
- Smaller Company with Supportive Company Culture
- Projects Include:
- Military, DOD, Ruggedized Industrial, etc. - Among many diverse industries
- Fast-paced environment
- Beautiful modern facilities with employee dining
- Free breakfast and lunch for employees
- Room for growth!
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of experience or more in hardware design and implementation
- Must be an American Citizen or Naturalized citizen due to the nature of our contracts
- Experience with full life cycle development from proof of concept through manufacturing, including digital and analog hardware design, implementation, test, and documentation is required
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and Xilinx development tools required
- Intel architecture processor design, including Core i7, preferred
- High-speed digital design, including PCI Express Gen 2/3, USB 3, DDR3/DDR4
- FPGA design, including VHDL and Xilinx FPGA
- Experience with 15mg HZ electronics frequency
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create hardware and PCB computer design solutions such as digital circuit designs, firmware applications, microprocessor-based board-level design, printed circuit board (PCB) layout, motherboard design, digital signal processing, or real-time embedded multiprocessor design
- Work cooperatively with a team to determine the engineering life cycle of hardware products including architecture, design, and implementation
- Confers with Vice President of Engineering on the writing of functional specifications
- Designs product solutions and features using a hardware description language, CAD tools, and other tools as required
- Primarily responsible for all schematic entry; may supervise Junior Engineers on a project-by-project basis
- Responsible for printed circuit board designs, and oversees printed circuit board designs on a project-by-project basis
- Maintains relationships with vendors and specifies necessary parts
- Makes modifications to product lines as directed by Engineering Management
- Works closely with Engineering Managers in identifying bugs and building fixes
- Measures project percentage completion at critical stages and implement corrective action as directed by Engineering Managers.
- Other duties as assigned
Digital circuit design and analysis using design tools, directing PCB layout, prototype verification using lab instrumentation, and PC-based development tools, supporting manufacturing introduction, and sustaining. Must be able to work in a team environment with manufacturing and various engineering disciplines including System, Software, and Mechanical by performing the following duties.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- An Individual with a natural motivation to work hard and stay busy; to be task-oriented and not look for ways to perform at less than their fullest potential. This includes placing importance on being punctual and maintaining satisfactory attendance.
- An Individual that faces difficult situations to find solutions rather than dwelling on problems and strives to be a positive contributor to their team and the organization. Team Player open to being teachable, with a go-getter attitude.
- An individual having good character, not gossiping, not being overly dramatic, and being a trustworthy coworker. An individual who understands that even the best plans will not always go perfectly and is capable of adapting to change to work through such situations and continue to treat others with respect.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be detail-oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
- Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absences
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS East policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Must be able to work the standard 8AM-5PM, Monday – Friday schedule and additional hours as necessary
- Limited travel required
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend at neck, waist, arms and legs, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
Due to the nature of our business as a Federal Contractor and DOD the incumbent must be a US Citizen, Naturalized citizen, or Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without current or future employment sponsorship. (In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.)
General Micro Systems East, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMS East is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMS East are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMS East will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMS East encourages applicants of all ages.