See all jobs in Charlton MA
Job Location: Charlton, MA
Location: US-MA | US-MA
Job ID: 2020-1601
# of Openings: 1
Department: Resident Services
Job Type: Per Diem
The position requires an MSW - travels in Worcester and Charlton areas and is a per diem role.
The primary purpose of the position is to plan, organize, develop, and implement medically related social services in accordance with current federal, state, and Joint Commission standards, guidelines and regulations, the organization's established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Director of Social Services or Administrator, to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis.
- Provide medically related social services to the residents and families.
- Assist in the development of department policies and procedures based on the current federal, state, and JCAHO regulations.
- Complete required documentation including admission notes, quarterly progress notes, and interim notes as necessary.
- Participate in MDS assessment and attend regularly scheduled care plan meetings.
- Coordinate family meetings as indicated.
- Advocate on behalf of residents and families regarding issues as appropriate based on Resident Rights, including review of resident grievances.
- Be aware of Medicare and Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs available to the resident and provide education as indicated.
- Serve on committees of the Campus as required and as appointed by the Social Services Director or Administrator.
- Provide oversight to all employees regarding upholding resident rights.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Master's Degree from an approved school of Social Work.
- Must be licensed as a Social Worker in Massachusetts.
- Must have, as a minimum, one year experience as a social worker in a skilled nursing facility, hospital or other related medical facility.
Why Choose The Overlook Visiting Nurses Association
*This position is a Homecare position*
- The Overlook offers a great working environment and each employee's contribution is valued as an important member of our care team.
- Our Innovative Outcome Based Operational model rated # 1 in Central MA and among the Top 5 in the State in Quality of Care, Clinical Outcomes and Customer Satisfaction.
- Our tailor made Plans of Care are aimed to address patient specific clinical needs without restricting amount of services provided.
- We partner with referral sources to support their operation and help them to overcome their challenges.
- We offer excellent employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. A 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off for all employees hired for 24 hours or more starting Day One of your employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.