See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2020-3392
# of Openings: 60
Category: Ground Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
The Cargo Agent is a seasonal position that will support our Ground Operations department during the busiest time of year. This is high intensity position that has significant physical demands. You will be working in the elements on the ramp, providing oversight and direction to vendors contracted by Atlas Air and customers of Atlas ACMI flights. As a cargo agent you will ensure that proper Atlas and FAA handling procedures are used in the performance of duties. You will also assist/oversee flight handling coordination for all Atlas departments, Crews and ground handlers.
- Comply with all Company procedures, as outlined in manuals, bulletins, and memos.
- Perform job duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Company, local and government safety and security policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Station Supervisor and HDQ Global Control Center on any issues or irregularities that affect the operation.
- Work to ensure all customers, vendors, and government authorities are aware of aircraft arrival and departure times at the assigned station.
- Ensure all required equipment and personnel are in their proper position prior to aircraft arrival and departure at the parking location.
- Coordinate with customers to ensure proper and timely load planning.
- Ensure that all required preload checks are accomplished in order to ensure cargo, ULD integrity and compliance.
- Coordinate and supervise all cargo- related functions associated with handling the flight, which includes inspection of ULD's, checking the weights randomly or on site inspection of pallets being weighed prior to being loaded onto Company aircraft.
- Conduct a thorough HAZMAT check of cargo.
- Ensures departing flight crew receives all applicable Ground Operations documentation in a timely manner.
- Receive and reproduce flight plans, weather, NOTAM/INTAMS and any other documents sent to the flight crews from Dispatch to operate their flight.
- Send and receive aircraft movement and load messages to and from up line and down line stations via email, fax or any other means required to notify all concerned.
- May arrange and order catering for flights adhering to proper catering procedures and levels per Company catering standards as provided in the published manuals.
- Supervise the vendor's loading/unloading personnel.
- Ensure that the station aircraft marshalling plan is followed, as required.
- Replace and/or revises aircraft manuals, as required.
- Conduct FOD and safety inspections, as required.
- Identify potential problems as they develop and works with the Station Supervisor to reach resolutions.
- Completes and/or maintains company reports, messages, files, logs and forms and ensures that necessary paperwork is completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to able to lift up to 50 pounds and handle the physical demands of the position
- Must be able to deal with severe weather conditions
- Must possess a valid driver's license and qualify for airport ramp driving privileges
- Ability to work at any time, any day, as operational needs require.
- Previous aviation or logistics experience preferred
- Have the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and verbally, both in one on one and group situations.
- Computer literacy, the ability to not only run basic email and word processing programs, but is able to learn and operate proficiently Company and industry programs.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum 20 days per month
- Must be willing to work night, weekends and holidays
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement