See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2020-3234
# of Openings: 1
Category: Ground Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
This position is responsible for the administration, development, and management functions of the Sable Electronic Weight and Balance system (Cargo and Passenger aircraft).
- Manage day-to day operational activities of the Sable system.
- Revise Basic Operational Weight (BOW) information after aircraft re-weigh.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of the system including closing of open flights, adding stations, route development, and ensuring middleware is feeding "Hawk" correctly.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot items from user problems to system issues.
- Develop and update Sable training modules (i.e. initial and recurrent), as appropriate, using the Pelesys training system.
- Provide training and directing others in the use of the Sable application.
- Interface and ensure a close working relationship with other Company departments (i.e. IT, Flight Operations, QA/QC, Safety, etc.) for Sable related items.
- Support Ground Operations Audit and Compliance group in the ground handling vendors' Sable system requirements.
- Make recommendations about improving the Sable system functions to Ground Operations Senior Management.
- Perform other assigned duties, such as, but not limited to working and supporting the Pelesys training system.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of the Sable Electronic Weight and Balance system.
- Serve as the lead training resource for Ground Operations Instructors who teach the Sable system.
- Company B747 and B767 passenger and cargo aircraft weight and balance certified and qualified.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team work environment.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required, to support station operations and other special projects.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel, Word and other specialized applications related to computer diagnosis and programming.