Resident Program Director
Job ID: 2020-6983
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
The Landing at Willow Grove
Do you have a desire to make a difference daily in the lives of Seniors? Come be a leader and have the most fun a person can have every day! The Resident Activity Program Director plans, supervises and monitors the “Sweet Memories” and Assisted Living programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents in order to ensure the residents remain as engaged, healthy and as active as possible. The programs designed should encompass activities that require the use of all five senses for the residents and is executed in consultation with the Executive Director and other community leaders. The Program Director works closely with the Resident Care Director to document any changes in behavior or condition. They also work with the care to coordinate resident care, resident activities and grow an extraordinary group of individuals to serve our residents. They are a Culture Ambassador! They model the core values of the company personally, leading by example, and ensure all team members exemplify the core values of the company at all times:
- We Care About People
- We Do the Right Thing
- We are Passionate, Have Fun, and Celebrate Success
- We Speak Up! It’s Our Responsibility
- We Take Ownership and Add Value
- We are Respectful
Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing nearly 1,500 associates, and is a recent recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Designs a creative activity program based on company standards to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents. Plans seven-day per week activity calendar (s) that promotes resident participation in a structured environment; includes one to one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Work closely with the Resident Care Director on a daily basis to better serve the residents, family, visitors and staff in the community.
- Monitors the day-to-day operation of the Sweet Memories Neighborhood, i.e. resident ADLs, meals, cleanliness of the neighborhood, delivering of activities, charting and documentation
- Follow state-mandated Assisted Living Facility
- Participate in the delivery our CAL Signature Service Programs to Sweet Memories and Senior Living residents.
- Assist and provide input in the completion and updating of UAIs, ISPs, and other assessments specific to the Sweet Memories Program
- Participate in Care Plan meetings and family meetings.
- Communicates to families regarding resident’s involvement in activity program.
- Assist as needed in the training and teaching of staff for the Sweet Memories Neighborhood and Senior Living activity programs.
- Provides guidance and acts as a resource to staff on the importance of activity programs and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents.
- Participate in resident move-in processes in the “Sweet Memories” neighborhood and Senior Living.
- Assists in touring and customer contact to maintain desired occupancy.
- Participates in coordinating special events at the community to include family nights and open houses
- Manages volunteer program, including training and supervising volunteers.
- Weekend coverage as assigned
- Be able to do any job in the facility upon request by the Executive Director
- Directly supervises any Activity Assistants in all duties and responsibilities to include interviewing, planning and, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Valid driver’ license
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in recreational therapy or an Activity Director Certification would be ideal
- Previous experience in recreation and working with older adults
- PA Driver’s License, or the ability/willingness to obtain PA License to transport residents to activities
- Universal Assessment Instrument & Individual Service Plan certificates or willingness to obtain
- Skilled in plans, development and preparation of a variety of exercise, social, recreational and educational events
- Promotes teamwork and inspires positive attitudes among the staff to monitors/attends activities with other disciplines as needed
- Continually evaluates the quality and consistency of activities for residents and makes adjustments, corrections, and changes as
- Able to live out Commonwealth Senior Living’s Noble selling purpose – “We improve the lives of seniors, their families, and each other.”