Coroplast Tape Corporation is a global leading manufacturer of technical adhesive tape, cables and wires, as well as cable harnessing systems. As well as having clients from the automotive industry, we do business with people from the electronics industry industry, construction and automation engineering.
Position Summary: Under limited direction, performs duties, related to the distributive channel sales of industrial and building/construction tapes and its customer service in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures based on established specifications while interacting with all disciplines of the local organization and the relevant departments of the parent company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify, build and develop new client business within the building & construction industry by pursing business opportunities with strategic targets and cultivating relationships with existing clients through clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Research target demographics, economic trends, customer needs and interests and other data that can be used in creating strategies for business development.
- Proactive, boots on the ground recruitment of new customers via cold calls, expos and meetings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with distributive channel partners and their customer's relevant decision makers.
- Oversee all aspects of the sales process within the vertical market, including development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, selection of pursuit teams and "quarterbacking" the entire sales process until the final close of the construction project.
- Define, test, refine and implement strategic plans to successfully achieve opportunities within the vertical market segment. These activities include primary research, industry, market and competitive analysis, and customer needs assessment.
- Ensures strategic objectives of the vertical market segment are well understood and executed by the pursuit team.
- Lead activities and strategies for organic growth of distributive channel sales of technical adhesive tapes. Directly manage RFP's/RFQs.
- Negotiate prices and other contracts with distributive partners, Key Accounts and other distributors while coordinating prices with headquarters. Provide timely follow-up on phone calls, emails, quotations, technical inquiries, complaints, and other requests;
- Forecast levels of demand for relevant finished goods and update sales forecast on a quarterly basis at the very least;
- Provide ongoing product feedback, progress updates on new business development activities and market updates as well as competitive analysis to the management team;
- Coordinate with Sales Order Specialists and Customer Service teams as needed, as well as relevant agents or distributors;
- Frequent travel may be required, weekends if necessary;
- Create and maintain timely regular reports to Management, including KPI's, tracking of order entry and sales on a daily and monthly basis, trip/field reports and significant meeting minutes;
- Other tasks as required/assigned by the Sales Manager Industry and Professional Trade.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, carry up to 25 pounds, push and pull occasionally up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Adaptability - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests. Value added contributor to the management team.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor`s degree is required.
- 3-5 years substantial and broad business experience in Business Development and/or Account Management with at least 3 years in the building and construction industry with a successful track record of building relationships.
- Technical understanding.
- Comprehensive sales, business development (i.e. relationships with distributors) and account management skills and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office, experience in SAP beneficial.
- Strong negotiation capabilities combined with highly persuasive communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of flexibility and a strong sense of personal responsibility. Strong relationship builder.
- Strong analytical skills and detailed orientation.
- Hands on approach to all tasks.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report thereon. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced level of knowledge with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Microsoft outlook. ERP system beneficial.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise various levels of direct reports and sales order specialist team.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.