Inventory Control Specialist
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring the highest product quality, customer service and inventory accuracy for all internal and external customers in the branch operations.
Ameristar Meats treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career.
- Responsible for various facets of inventory and quality control in the Distribution Centers.
- Analyze inventory adjustment trends and making suggestions for improvements. Including collaboration with other departments.
- Assist with Cycle Count review, posting and approval process (exception and aisle counts).
- Monthly reconciliation of inventory adjustment codes.
- Monthly credit clearing general ledger balance.
- Ensure integrity and flow of all data regarding interbranch and intrabranch activity related to the transfer of product branch distribution centers (credits and TRAs).
- Monitor date management in inventory system to ensure accurate expiration and rotation of date restricted products.
- Help ensure pallets placed on hold are reviewed, researched and followed up on, in a timely basis.
- Resolve weight and quantity inventory discrepancies in and between two inventory systems.
- Assist in the inspection of all returned product as necessary.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 1-year of college level coursework or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience in Inventory Control, Quality Assurance or Financial Accounting.
- At least 2 years experience with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office software. Food distribution knowledge extremely helpful.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Prioritize and organize workload in a high production environment.
- Solve problems and deal with all levels of Associates and Vendors.
- Remain productive with multiple interruptions and assist fellow employees when needed.
- HAACP Certification preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- This individual will spend time in the Distribution Centers which have numerous operations machines
that could be potentially dangerous.
- This individual must be willing/able to spend time in multiple temperature zones including a freezer.
STRESS (MENTAL DEMANDS):
- Must be able to remain on task with multiple telephone and human interruptions within a high paced, high volume environment.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to sit and/or stand up for 80% of the work day.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status