Ameristar Meats is seeking a new team member to join our Maintenance Team. Ameristar Meats treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career.
Who we are:
Ameristar Meats is a leading provider of fine meat products. We offer customers innovative programs for emerging dining trends. Ameristar Meats produces quality brands like Cattle Company Angus, Mist Isle Farms, Blue Mesa Natural Angus & Blackstone 1890.
This is a full time job and with that we offer a full benefits package, medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, Term Life Insurance and employee EAP program.
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. From using sanitized interview rooms and social distancing to providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. Our safe workplace efforts include COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. We’re also providing robust support to our customers, from webinars and one-on-one consults with our experts to detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here.
Performs a variety of maintenance and repairs throughout warehouse operationsCan include metal working, electrical, plumbing, woodworking and equipment repairResponsible for performing preventative maintenance checks and repairing the facility and equipment as neededInstalls, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in warehouse establishment following specification, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings; using hand tools, power tools, forklift, measuring and testing instrumentsVisually inspects and tests equipmentDismantles defective machines/equipment; installs new or repaired parts following specifications, using precise measuring instruments and hand toolsCleans/lubricates parts of machineryPerforms minor maintenance throughout warehouse and office operations
- Qualified individual will present well-rounded skills in mechanical maintenance, and a preference of skill in boilers, refrigeration, air compressor, multi meter plumbing and electrical.
- Ability to troubleshoot processing equipment and repair.
- Ability to familiarize with the facility mechanical operations and troubleshoot and repair.
- Ability to operate power tools, use hand tools and drive forklift
- Must have your own hand tools with the abiltiy to transport through the facility.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test.
- Three to five years industrial experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Frequently lift using both hands/arms reaching, grasping and carrying, weights up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk constantly through 8 hour work shift; 3-5 miles daily
- Ability to bend/twist at waist, knees and neck frequently throughout work shift
- Ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously reaching/handing/grasping and exerting push/pull force normally 30-70 lbs., up to 120 lbs. on occasion
- Frequently overhead reaching using both hands
- Frequent climbing on ladders/stairs, working in confined/cramped spaces, awkward positions
- Crouching/kneeling/crawling occasionally
- Constant use of hearing/sight/speech abilities required to perform essential job functions
- Must work quickly under constant interruptions and meet required deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Must posess excellent problem-solving skills
- Must work independently, performing all repairs in expedited fashion
- Must be able to learn technical manufacturer's specifications/blueprints manuals
- Must be able to communicate with supervisor/other workers and record data
- Hazards are numerous, including: noise, dust, oil, slippery surfaces. Exposure to moving equipment/machinery, hazardous chemicals and products. May work inside and outside and be exposed to temperature extremes of -10f. to 80f., work under deadlines and pressures
- Safety equipment required and provided
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status