See all jobs in Douglassville PA
Job Location: Douglassville, PA
H&K Group, Inc.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Job ID: 2020-1270
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Terra Structures, a division of The H&K Group, Inc. is looking for the ideal Lead Carpenter! The Lead Carpenter constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, conforming to local building codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard and dimensions of structure of fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter's level
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring
- Builds stairs and lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work
- Covers subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, ad wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, ad finish hardware, such as locks, letterdrops and kick plates
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K's strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.